The coronavirus pandemic is a serious global concern. The worldwide containment effort to break the spread of COVID-19 is having a world major social and economic impact that will last more than the pandemic itself.
The crisis is causing several problems, undoubtedly, but it is still creating unique opportunities for self-development and personal growth.
The educational field has become a source of legitimate opportunities: in the wake of schools and universities shut down because of the COVID-19 outbreaks, most educational institutions converted their studies to online-mode to secure the continuity of the teaching-learning process.
The bright side is that online teaching is not limited to students enrolled at universities. There are several study options for aspirants from all over the world, without being formally enrolled in a university. If you have access to the internet, you can start learning today in several international schools. What about taking advantage of this opportunity while at home during the COVID-19 lockdown?
This could be a game-changer for you: have you thought about using the time and all these resources to pursue a course you always aspired to do and never could? How about acquiring knowledge that would add value to your profession and your CV?
Maybe you always dreamed about studying abroad but would prefer to check beforehand, if your English skills are up to the job. Or you would like to know more about international schools and how they structure and run their courses before taking the leap to travel overseas to study.
There are plenty of short free courses -also called MOOC or Massive Open Online Courses. They might charge you a small fee if you order a printed certificate of conclusion.
Also, there are longer paid-for courses with formal requirements for admission: these courses can earn your credits for UK universities and even the local universities in your country. You could do even a distance learning Master course if you wanted.
UK Student Solutions would love to introduce you to some brilliant options for free courses at British universities. It is a selection of famous and not-so famous UK universities, older and newer schools—but all of them known for by being centres of excellence in teaching/learning/research. Quality is our priority when we suggest any school to our students. We highlighted free courses, with dozens of options to explore. Have a look and think about how you could use your time and those resources for your personal development. It is a great way to invest in yourself.
Investing in yourself will bring you the best return on investments for your life.
Check it out!
1. Imperial College: as part of the University of London, Imperial College London is the only UK university to focus entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business. Their international reputation for excellence in teaching and research sees them consistently rated in the top 10 universities worldwide. Imperial College free online courses
2. The University of Edinburgh: this university has influenced world history since their first pupils in 1583 (really!). Several Nobel laureates, writers, Olympic champions, inventors, space explorers and prime ministers were Edinburgh students. University of Edinburgh Free Online Courses
3. Oxford University: the oldest English-speaking university in the world was one of the among the first universities to venture to offer online education in the UK. Although they have some free courses, their focus are on paid online courses, with over 200 programmes available in several fields. Free Courses University of Oxford
4. University of London: or the “People’s University”, according to Charles Dickens, was established in 1836 and was the first UK university to admit students regardless of their gender, race or religion. The university comprises 17 member institutions and three central academic bodies, such as the famous London School of Economics and Political Science, Imperial College, King’s College, Birkbeck College, UCL (University College London), SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies) and others.
5. The University of York–Established in 1963 in the historical city of York, this university became a research powerhouse, being ranked as one of the best world universities under 60 years old.
6. The University of Derby: despite its official inauguration in 1992, the beginning of this university dates the 20th century, with the opening of a Teaching Training College and a Technical College in Derby. Based in an industrial area, the university has links to important companies such as Rolls Royce (aircraft engines division). University of Derby Free Online Courses
7. The Open University: or OU, is the leading university for flexible, innovative teaching and world-leading research in the UK and in 157 countries. They were the pioneers in distance learning before the existence of the internet, and over 2 million students over 50 years. Check the OU free courses here
Go for it. You will like the results!
Once you complete a course or more, let us know how it worked for you!
If you love the experience and wants more information about possible next steps—either doing a paid-for online course or studying abroad- contact us with no obligation. We could have an initial chat about turning your study dream into reality. As part of our work, we will guide you through applications, look through the options best suited for you, provide you more information about UK schools and universities, or help you plan a course abroad.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started. (Mark Twain)
We are living difficult times, but they will pass. Imagine yourself coming up from all this experience with a fresh academic or professional perspective. It is possible!